As adjectives the difference between chubby and stocky
is that chubby
is of a person, slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft while stocky
is (of a person or an animal) sturdy; solidly built; heavy and compact.
As a noun chubby
is a chubby, plump person.
Of a person, slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft.
Of a body part, containing a moderate amount of fat.
- Obviously the chubby child was eating too much.
- It's quite normal for healthy babies to have chubby cheeks.
* (person) chunky, plump, podgy, tubby
* (part of the body) chunky, plump, podgy
A chubby, plump person
An overweight or obese gay man.
(slang) An erection of the penis.
- Hey, Lucius, I just wanted to share a piece of personal information with you. I've got a... a chubby right now because [starts creaming] This is one of the most awesome experiences of my life!—
* chub (plump person)
* chubby chaser
(of a person or an animal) sturdy; solidly built; heavy and compact