Christ vs Mite - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between christ and mite
is that christ
) while mite
is a minute arachnid, of the order acarina, of which there are many species; as, the cheese mite, sugar mite, harvest mite, etc see acarina.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(en proper noun
The anointed one or messiah predicted in the Hebrew Bible.
(Christianity) A title given to Jesus of Nazareth, seen as the fulfiller of the messianic prophecy; often treated as a personal name.
- For there shall arise false Christs , and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
* Body of Christ
* Jesus Christ
* Vicar of Christ
(arts) A figure or other artistic depiction of Jesus Christ.
* (expletive) God, Jesus Christ
Use is considered blasphemous by most Christians.
A minute arachnid, of the order Acarina, of which there are many species; as, the cheese mite, sugar mite, harvest mite, etc. See Acarina.
A small coin formerly circulated in England, rated at about a third of a farthing.
*1803 , William Blake,
*:One mite wrung from the lab'rer's hands
*:Shall buy and sell the miser's lands;
A lepton, a small coin used in Palestine in the time of Christ.
A small weight; one twentieth of a grain.
Anything very small; a minute object; a very little quantity or particle. Sometimes used adverbially.
* , chapter=5
Mr. Pratt's Patients
, passage=“Well,” I says, “I cal'late a body could get used to Tophet if he stayed there long enough.” ¶ She flared up; the least mite
of a slam at Doctor Wool was enough to set her going.}}
* 1959 , Frances Cavanah, Abe Lincoln Gets His Chance , Project Gutenberg, [http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17315/17315-8.txt]:
- "Those trousers are a mite too big, but you'll soon grow into them."
* (small amount) see also .
* widow's mite