David vs Chris - What's the difference?
As proper nouns the difference between david and chris
is that david
is while chris
is a diminutive of the male given names christopher and, less commonly, of christian.
* 1994 , The Merry Recluse: A Life in Essays , Counterpoint Press 2004, ISBN 1582433135, page 169:
* 2000 , Merrick , Ballantine Books (2001), ISBN 0-345-44395-0, page 157:
- David' Copperfield. Dwight '''David''' Eisenhower. Michelangelo's '''David'''. None of these '''Davids''' would seem the same if their names were Dave. ' David , with its final "d", sounds finished and complete, whereas Dave just kind of hangs there in the air, indefinitely.
The second king of Judah and Israel, the successor of Saul in the Old Testament.
- Well, don't think I'll settle for so little, Mr. Talbot. Or should I call you David'? I think you look like a ' David , you know, righteous and clean living and all of that.
common in Wales.
- David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
* Son of David
* Star of David