As nouns the difference between chiromancy and chirognomy
is that chiromancy
is divination performed by examining the lines in the palms while chirognomy
is the art of judging character by the shape and appearance of the hand.
* Early modern English: cheiromancy, chiromancie, chyromancia, chyromancie, chyromancy
Divination performed by examining the lines in the palms.
* 1620 J. Melton Astrologaster
* 1995 C. Walker Encyc. Secret Knowledge
- If they fore-tell things that shall happen by signes that they see in lines of a mans hand; then it is called Chyromancie...
- Modern palmistry differs from the ancient methods in concentrating on what is called chirognomy at the expense of chiromancy .
The art of judging character by the shape and appearance of the hand.