A legless reptile of the sub-order Serpentes with a long, thin body and a fork-shaped tongue.
A treacherous person.
A tool for unclogging plumbing.
A tool to aid cable pulling.
(slang) A trouser snake; the penis.
* (reptile) joe blake, serpent
* (plumbing tool) auger, plumber's snake
* (tool for cable pulling) wirepuller
* snake in the grass
* snake oil
To follow or move in a winding route.
- The path snaked through the forest.
, title=Football fever...
, author=Mark Addinall
, date=September 24
, passage=Any Brisbane female interested in snaking
down a few beers whilst watching the footy on a big screen?
(transitive, Australia, slang) To steal slyly.
- The river snakes through the valley.
- He snaked my DVD!
, title=Home made supercharger ?
, date=April 5
, passage=Although it wouldn't be the first time some one patented an idea that I'd had a year earlier.F*CK ME !! Snaked
To clean using a plumbing snake.
(US, informal) To drag or draw, as a snake from a hole; often with out .
(nautical) To wind round spirally, as a large rope with a smaller, or with cord, the small rope lying in the spaces between the strands of the large one; to worm.
* (move in a winding path) slither, wind
(countable) A domestic fowl, Gallus gallus , especially when young
(uncountable) The meat from this bird eaten as food.
(countable, slang) A coward.
(countable, gay slang) A young, attractive, slim man, usually having little body hair. Compare chickenhawk
(countable, slang) A young or inexperienced person.
* 1887 , Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet , III:
* Jonathan Swift
- "This case will make a stir, sir," he remarked. "It beats anything I have seen, and I am no chicken ."
A confrontational game in which the participants move toward each other at high speed (usually in automobiles); the player who turns first to avoid colliding into the other is the chicken (, the loser.)
- Stella is no chicken .
The game of dare.
- Don't play chicken with a freight train; you're guaranteed to lose.
* (bird) cock (male only), chook , hen (female only), rooster (male only)
* (young inexperienced person) spring chicken
* See also
* chicken and egg
* chicken feed
* chicken fillet
* chicken Kiev
* chicken salt
* like a chicken with its head cut off
* like a chicken with the pip
* play chicken
* run around like a chicken with its head cut off
* spring chicken
To avoid as a result of fear.
To develop physical or other characteristics resembling a chicken's, for example, bumps on the skin.
* chicken out
* chicken legs