Noob vs Chicken - What's the difference?
As a noun noob
is (internet slang|pejorative) a newb or newbie; refers to the idea that someone is new to a game, concept, or idea; implying a lack of experience also, in some areas the word noob can mean someone is obsessed with things.
As a proper noun chicken is
a cdp in alaska.
* , newb, nub
(Internet slang, pejorative) A newb or newbie; refers to the idea that someone is new to a game, concept, or idea; implying a lack of experience. Also, in some areas the word noob can mean someone is obsessed with things.
* Noobs are annoying, they never know the forum rules.
* You just got pwned, noob .
* I’ll teach you noobs how to play.
* I kill all you noobs in seconds!
* You suck, you son of a noob .
* You are such an anime noob .
* You are such a band noob .
* nubcake (rare)
* See also
(countable) A domestic fowl, Gallus gallus , especially when young
(uncountable) The meat from this bird eaten as food.
(countable, slang) A coward.
(countable, gay slang) A young, attractive, slim man, usually having little body hair. Compare chickenhawk
(countable, slang) A young or inexperienced person.
* 1887 , Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet , III:
* Jonathan Swift
- "This case will make a stir, sir," he remarked. "It beats anything I have seen, and I am no chicken ."
A confrontational game in which the participants move toward each other at high speed (usually in automobiles); the player who turns first to avoid colliding into the other is the chicken (, the loser.)
- Stella is no chicken .
The game of dare.
- Don't play chicken with a freight train; you're guaranteed to lose.
* (bird) cock (male only), chook , hen (female only), rooster (male only)
* (young inexperienced person) spring chicken
* See also
* chicken and egg
* chicken feed
* chicken fillet
* chicken Kiev
* chicken salt
* like a chicken with its head cut off
* like a chicken with the pip
* play chicken
* run around like a chicken with its head cut off
* spring chicken
To avoid as a result of fear.
To develop physical or other characteristics resembling a chicken's, for example, bumps on the skin.
* chicken out
* chicken legs