Amend vs Chang - What's the difference?
As a verb amend
is to make better.
As a proper noun chang is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To make better.
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=I was about to say that I had known the Celebrity from the time he wore kilts. But I see I will have to amend
that, because he was not a celebrity then, nor, indeed, did he achieve fame until some time after I left New York for the West.}}
* Sir Walter Scott
- Mar not the thing that cannot be amended .
To become better.
(obsolete) To heal (someone sick); to cure (a disease etc.).
* 1590 , (Edmund Spenser), (The Faerie Queene) , III.x:
- We shall cheer her sorrows, and amend her blood, by wedding her to a Norman.
- But Paridell complaynd, that his late fight / With Britomart, so sore did him offend, / That ryde he could not, till his hurts he did amend .
To make a formal alteration in legislation by adding, deleting, or rephrasing.
- he gave her a vomit, and conveyed a serpent, such as she conceived, into the basin; upon the sight of it she was amended .
* See also
* See also
(often, italicized) A traditional harp of central and southwest Asia