A pass entitling the holder to admission to a show, concert, etc.
A pass entitling the holder to board a train, a bus, a plane, or other means of transportation
A citation for a traffic violation.
A permit to operate a machine on a construction site.
A service request, used to track complaints or requests that an issue be handled. (Generally Internet Service Provider related).
(informal) A list of candidates for an election, or a particular theme to a candidate's manifesto.
- Joe has joined the party's ticket for the county elections.
A solution to a problem; something that is needed.
- Joe will be running on an anti-crime ticket .
- That's the ticket .
- I saw my first bike as my ticket to freedom.
, author=Mark Twain
, title=Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
, passage="Here's the ticket
. This hole's big enough for Jim to get through if we wrench off the board."}}
(dated) A little note or notice.
(dated) A tradesman's bill or account (hence the phrase on ticket'' and eventually ''on tick ).
* J. Cotgrave
- He constantly read his lectures twice a week for above forty years, giving notice of the time to his auditors in a ticket on the school doors.
A label affixed to goods to show their price or description.
A certificate or token of a share in a lottery or other scheme for distributing money, goods, etc.
- Your courtier is mad to take up silks and velvets / On ticket for his mistress.
* automatic ticket sampling machine
* golden ticket
* have tickets on oneself
* lottery ticket
* one-way ticket
* that's the ticket
* ticket machine
* write one's own ticket
To issue someone a ticket, as for travel or for a violation of a local or traffic law.
* ticket off
Not English Cattus has no English definition. It may be misspelled.
English words similar to 'cattus':caddis