As nouns the difference between caution and carelessness
is that caution
is precept or warning against evil or danger of any kind; exhortation to wariness; advice; injunction while carelessness
is lack of care.
As a verb caution
is to warn; to alert, advise that caution is warranted.
Precept or warning against evil or danger of any kind; exhortation to wariness; advice; injunction.
A careful attention to the probable effects of an act, in order that failure or harm may be avoided; prudence in regard to danger; provident care; wariness.
Security; guaranty; bail.
- In way of caution I must tell you.
One who gives rise to attention or astonishment.
- The Parliament would yet give his majesty sufficient caution that the war should be prosecuted.
A formal warning given as an alternative to prosecution in minor cases.
- Oh, that boy, he's a caution ! He does make me laugh.
* See also
* err on the side of caution
* throw caution to the wind
To warn; to alert, advise that caution is warranted.
Lack of care.
- This accident was caused by carelessness .