Fester is a related term of carbuncle.
As a verb fester
is to become septic; to become rotten.
As a noun carbuncle is
(archaic) a deep-red or fiery colored garnet or other dark red precious stone, especially when cut cabochon.
To become septic; to become rotten.
To worsen, especially due to lack of attention.
- Wounds immedicable / Rankle, and fester , and gangrene.
- Deal with the problem immediately; do not let it fester .
To cause to fester or rankle.
- Hatred festered in the hearts of the children of the soil.
- For which I burnt in inward, swelt'ring hate, / And fester'd rankling malice in my breast.
(archaic) A deep-red or fiery colored garnet or other dark red precious stone, especially when cut cabochon.
* 1602 . , act 2 scene 2 line 401:
* 1611 . Old Testament , King James Version, Isaiah 54:12:
- With eyes like carbuncles , the hellish Pyrrhus...
An abscess larger than a boil, usually with one or more openings draining pus onto the skin. It is usually caused by bacterial infection.
(heraldiccharge) A charge or bearing supposed to represent the precious stone, with eight sceptres or staves radiating from a common centre; an escarbuncle.
- And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles , and all thy borders of pleasant stones.