As adjectives the difference between childish and capricious
is that childish
is of or suitable for a child while capricious
is impulsive and unpredictable; determined by chance, impulse, or whim.
Of or suitable for a child.
- Your childish temper tantrums are not going to change my decision on this matter.
* (behaving immaturely) infantile, immature, silly, unbecoming, juvenile
Impulsive and unpredictable; determined by chance, impulse, or whim
- I almost died in a capricious winter storm.
- Stringent rulers are unlikely to act capriciously .
- The Mayor claimed that the action was reasonable, but in reality the action was arbitrary and capricious in nature.
* Capricious can describe both a person and the decisions they make.