Cantrip vs Cantraip - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between cantrip and cantraip
is that cantrip
is a spell or incantation; a trifling magic trick while cantraip
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A spell or incantation; a trifling magic trick.
* 1976 , Kyril Bonfiglioli, Something Nasty in the Woodshed (Penguin 2001, p. 422)
* 1984 , Anthony Burgess, The Kingdom Of The Wicked
- For one thing, I've no intention of distributing cantrips and costly crucifixes to every rapable woman in the Parish of St Magloire.
* 2009 , James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet, Witch and Wizard (Little, Brown and Company 2009, p. 148)
- And when I say now the power of the name Jesus makes you whole, I indulge in no petty mountebank’s cantrips .
A wilful piece of trickery or mischief
- But it sounds to me like you're in a totally different category. Not garden-variety cantrip stuff.
[Chambers Dictionary, 1998, s.v.]