Perineum vs Bulbospongiosus - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between perineum and bulbospongiosus
is that perineum
is perineum while bulbospongiosus
is (anatomy) one of the superficial muscles of the perineum, covering the bulb of the penis in males and the vestibular bulb in females.
(anatomy) The region between the anus and the vagina in women and between the scrotum and anus in men.
* 1827 , Guy's Hospital: Case of Fistula in Perineo, Successfully Treated'', ''The Lancet , Volume 12,
* 2005 , Brian J. Moran, 27: Using the perineal pressure applicator device'', Adam P. Dicker, Gregory S. Merrick, Frank M. Waterman, Richard K. Valicenti, Leonar G. Gomella (editors), ''Basic and Advanced Techniques in Prostate Brachytherapy ,
- He was attacked with complete retention of urine, after a debauch, and six weeks afterwards an abscess formed in the perineum , which eventually burst, leaving a fistulous opening, through which the urine continued to be discharged to the period of his admission into the Hospital.
* 2011 , Ian Lyons, Biomedical Science: Lecture Notes ,
- The prostate is surrounded by venous plexi and the perineum has a rich blood supply.
- The perineum is diamond shaped and stretches from the pubic symphysis to the coccyx.
* See also
(anatomy) One of the superficial muscles of the perineum, covering the bulb of the penis in males and the vestibular bulb in females.