What somebody is known for.
, author=John Frith
, title=A pistle to the Christen reader. The Revelation of Antichrist: Antithesis,
, publisher=Luft [i.e. Hoochstraten]
, passage=And Balaam (or as the trueth of the hebrewe hath Bileam) doth signifie the people of no reputation
/ or the vayne people or they that are not counted for people.
* Adjectives often applied to "reputation": good, great, excellent, bad, stellar, tarnished, evil, damaged, dubious, spotless, terrible, ruined, horrible, lost, literary, corporate, global, personal, academic, scientific, posthumous, moral, artistic.
(India, nonce) Given a bad reputation.
* 1888 , Rudyard Kipling, Plain Tales from the Hills
* 1939 , Victor Bayley, Indian artifex
- This Devil thing will end in getting me budnamed , and you know I've lived on lemon-squashes and gone to bed at ten for weeks past.
- My signaller retired hurt after being budnamed by yours, so we have no coherent news.