* 1848 , John Bunyan and Robert Philip, The Greatness of the Soul: And the Unspeakableness of the Loss Thereof , page 29, T. Nelson
* 1909 , John Fryer and William Crooke, A New Account of East India and Persia: Being Nine Years' Travels, 1672-1681 , page 92, Hakluyt Society
- How many things have men found out to the amazing of one another, to the wonderment of one another, to the begetting of endless commendations of one another in the world
* 1996 August 5, Tim Behrendsen, "Tim Behrendsen Lost and Spaced THE FINAL TRY", rec.games.computer.quake.misc, Usenet
- Fancies to be persuaded of the confused Articulation of Multitudes met as in a Fair, conversing and making a chattering, to the amazing of them all.
* 1997 November 30, Sir Frederick, "Pro-Mormons are amazing also", alt.religion.mormon.fellowship, Usenet
- Amazing is judged relative what already exists, and Quake has the best underwater effects so far.
* 1999 July 13, Irma Dobkin and Mary Jo Peterson, Gracious Spaces , page xix, McGraw-Hill Professional
- Reality, especially God's Reality is amazing. For instance that there is something rather than nothing is amazing. [... ] Amazing is amazing.
* 2000 March 24, "Shadow", "Return of the Fulgore Rant!", alt.fan.dragons, Usenet
- The amazing is happening.
* 2001 February 3, Brian, "D3 weird FPS", alt.games.descent Usenet
- All that is impossibly amazing is considered nothing, and the impossibly amazing is considered normal.
* 2003 June 23, Thomas Bernhard, Three Novellas , page 31, University of Chicago Press
- The amazing is that, in EXACTLY the same situation, the demo2 doesn't show this problem.
* 2004 October 23, MgClearwater, "George says: Joe and Brian stay..", alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees, Usenet
- Everything that amazes has its method, until we notice that the amazing is not amazing, has no method.
* 2006 May 16, Simon Baird, "monkeyGTD is amazing- a few questions and suggestions", GTD TiddlyWiki, Google goups
- Sheffield is an amazing athlete, how much of the amazing is provided from the Chemlab.
- Cool! Of course 99% of the amazing is due to the "powered by TiddlyWiki" part of MonkeyGTD.. :)
Causing wonder and amazement; possessing uniquely wonderful qualities.
(of a colour) Both bright and saturated.
- the brilliant lights along the promenade
(of a voice or sound) having a sharp, clear tone
Of surpassing excellence.
- butterflies with brilliant blue wings
Magnificent or wonderful.
- The actor's performance in the play was simply brilliant .
- She is a brilliant scientist.
* (shining brightly) glittering, shining
* (surpassing excellence) excellent, distinctive, striking, superb (obsolete except in UK usage)
* (magnificent or wonderful) exceptional, glorious, magnificent, marvellous/marvelous, splendid, wonderful (obsolete except in UK usage)
* (highly intelligent) brainy, ingenious
* See also
A finely cut gemstone, especially a diamond, having many facets.
* Alexander Pope
* 1891 , Arthur Conan Doyle, A Case of Identity
- This snuffbox — on the hinge see brilliants shine.
(printing) A small size of type.
A kind of cotton goods, figured on the weaving.
- “And the ring?” I asked, glancing at a remarkable brilliant which sparkled upon his finger.