Playtime vs Breaktime - What's the difference?
Playtime is a synonym of breaktime.
As nouns the difference between playtime and breaktime
is that playtime
is time for play or diversion while breaktime
is (us) a break for a worker or workers that splits a period of work.
Time for play or diversion.
The duration of a recording.
- The school bell rings to mark the end of playtime .
- The longest track on the album has a playtime of eight minutes.
(US) A break for a worker or workers that splits a period of work.
* 2007 , National Labor Relations Board (U.S.) (editor), Decisions and Orders of the National Labor Relations Board , Volume 346: November 28, 2005—May 8, 2006,
(UK) A break for schoolchildren between lessons.
* 1992 , David Freer, Towards Open Schools: Possibilities and Realities for Non-Racial Education in South Africa ,
- Supervisor Laws asserts that when the incident occurred it was not the breaktime of either Tingler or Parnell. (4:760,789.)
* 2006 , Brigette Bishop, Promoting Friendships in the Playground: A Peer Befriending Programme for Primary Schools ,
- It tends to evaluate the liking for, and the acceptance of, the pupils in their class as peers, rather than asking children to specifically select their friends, breaktime and home companions.
* 2010 , Karen Littleton, Clare Wood, Judith Kleine Staarman, International Handbook of Psychology in Education ,
- The significance of breaktimes as a mechanism for children to develop social competence is highlighted in much of Peter Blatchford's work.
- Designed by architects working for Norman Foster, it had no playground and no morning breaktime .
* (break during school) lunchtime (hyponym), playtime, recess