Seizure vs Booty - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Seizure is a related term of booty.
As nouns the difference between seizure and booty
is that seizure
is the act of taking possession, as by force or right of law while booty
is (nautical) a form of prize which, when a ship was captured at sea, could be distributed at once or booty
can be (slang) the buttocks, usually that of a female or booty
can be .
(Search and seizure
The act of taking possession, as by force or right of law.
- the seizure of a thief, a property, a throne, etc.
* 1874 , (Marcus Clarke), (For the Term of His Natural Life) Chapter VII
- The search warrant permitted the seizure of evidence.
A sudden attack or convulsion, (e.g. an epileptic seizure).
- As yet there had been no alarm of fever. The three seizures had excited some comment, however, and had it not been for the counter-excitement of the burning ship, it is possible that Pine's precaution would have been thrown away
A sudden onset of pain or emotion.
- He fell to the floor and convulsed when the epilectic seizure occurred.
(obsolete) retention within one's grasp or power; possession; ownership
- He felt the sudden seizure of pain as the heart attack began.
That which is seized, or taken possession of; a thing laid hold of, or possessed.
- Make o'er thy honour by a deed of trust, / And give me seizure of the mighty wealth.
(nautical) A form of prize which, when a ship was captured at sea, could be distributed at once.
Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war, or seized by piracy.
(figuratively) Something that has been stolen or legally obtained from elsewhere.
- After returning from their Halloween trick-or-treating, the kids settled down to enjoy their booty of candies.
(slang) The buttocks, usually that of a female.
(slang, not countable) A woman, considered as sexual partner or sex object.
* 2000 , (film)
- You got a big ol' booty .
- It’s my duty to please that booty .
* booty call
* onion booty