Bold vs Emboldened - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between bold and emboldened
is that bold
is courageous, daring while emboldened
is having been made bold.
As verbs the difference between bold and emboldened
is that bold
is to make (a font or some text) bold while emboldened
As a noun bold
is (obsolete) a dwelling; habitation; building.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) bold, from (etyl) bold, blod, bolt, .
(obsolete) A dwelling; habitation; building.
From (etyl) bold, bald, beald, from (etyl) bald, .
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=Not unnaturally, “Auntie” took this communication in bad part. Thus outraged, she showed herself to be a bold
as well as a furious virago. Next day she found her way to their lodgings and tried to recover her ward by the hair of the head.}}
* 2005 , (Plato), Sophist . Translation by Lesley Brown. .
(of a font) Having thicker strokes than the ordinary form of the typeface.
- It would be extraordinarily bold of me to give it a try after seeing what has happened to you.
* 1748 , (David Hume), Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. § 9.
- even the boldest and most affirmative philosophy, that has ever attempted to impose its crude dictates and principles on mankind.
* (courageous) audacious, brave, courageous, daring, forward
* See also
To make (a font or some text) bold.
(obsolete) To make bold or daring.
(obsolete) To become bold.
Having been made bold.
- They were emboldened by their great feat.