Boiler vs Descaling - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between boiler and descaling
is that boiler
is an apparatus that generates heat (usually by burning fuel) and uses it to heat circulating water (or sometimes another liquid) in a closed system that is then used for space heating, swimming pool heating, or domestic hot water or industrial processes or boiler
can be (rare|informal) boilerplate while descaling
is the removal of scale from the surface of a metal, especially from the inner surfaces of boilers etc.
As a verb descaling is
An apparatus that generates heat (usually by burning fuel) and uses it to heat circulating water (or sometimes another liquid) in a closed system that is then used for space heating, swimming pool heating, or domestic hot water or industrial processes.
Less commonly , a hot water heater.
(approximate definition'') A fuel burning apparatus in which water is boiled to produce steam for space heating, power generation, or industrial processes.
(''more precisely'') An apparatus in which a heat source other than a hot liquid or steam (most commonly burning fuel, exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine or gas turbine, waste heat from a process, solar energy or electricity) is used to boil water (or ''rarely another liquid), under pressure to provide steam (or other gas) for use as a heat source in calorifiers, heat exchangers or heat emitters, or for use directly for humidification, in an industrial process, or to power steam turbines.
A kitchen vessel for steaming or boiling food.
(UK, informal) A tough old chicken only suitable for cooking by boiling.
(terms derived from boiler)
* boiler room
* boiling plate
* donkey boiler
* double boiler
* steam boiler
* steam generator
* water heater
(rare, informal) Boilerplate.
* 1994 May 4, Glenn Nicholas, "
Re: Forms4 boilerplate accessible?", in comp.databases.oracle, Usenet :
* 2003 December 7, Tom Potter, "
- While it appears the FRM40_TEXT table is the answer, saving a form with boiler text does not seem to insert into this table.
Re: Why don't more people hate Bush?", in alt.politics.democrats and other newsgroups, Usenet :
* 2007 , Jim Casey, "
- Note that Stuart Grey makes the assertion: "I think rationally on all subjects.", and then proceeds to use the standard boiler tactics and phrases of the people WHO instigate conflict and war.
Re: NRA vs Bar Assoc over guns in cars", in tx.guns, Usenet :
* 2009 March 30, "hughess7" (username), "
- Nearly every employer in my field has similar terms (they all come out of a legal boiler mill somewhere).
Re: Mail merge to PDF", in microsoft.public.access, Usenet :
- Just aligning all the paragraphs of 'boiler text' is tedious but trying to insert values in alignment is impossible!
The removal of scale from the surface of a metal, especially from the inner surfaces of boilers etc.