As nouns the difference between biot and blot
is that biot
is beard while blot
is a norse pagan ritual sacrifice, now performed by the followers of asatru.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A blemish, spot or stain made by a coloured substance.
(by extension) A stain on someone's reputation or character; a disgrace.
- inky blots
(biochemistry) The Southern blot analysis (and derived Northern and Western) analytical techniques.
(backgammon) an exposed piece in backgammon.
- This deadly blot in thy digressing son.
to cause a blot (on something) by spilling a coloured substance.
to soak up or absorb liquid.
To dry (writing, etc.) with blotting paper.
To spot, stain, or bespatter, as with ink.
- This paper blots easily.
To impair; to damage; to mar; to soil.
- The briefe was writte and blotted all with gore.
To stain with infamy; to disgrace.
- It blots thy beauty, as frosts do bite the meads.
To obliterate, as writing with ink; to cancel; to efface; generally with out .
- Blot not thy innocence with guiltless blood.
- to blot out a word or a sentence
To obscure; to eclipse; to shadow.
- One act like this blots out a thousand crimes.
- He sung how earth blots the moon's gilded wane.
* blotting paper
* blot out