Blasphemous vs Blasphemy - What's the difference?
Blasphemous is a derived term of blasphemy.
As a adjective blasphemous
is lacking piety or respect for the sacred resembling blasphemy.
As a noun blasphemy is
irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Lacking piety or respect for the sacred. Resembling blasphemy.
- His taking the name of God in vain was considered blasphemous .
Irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.
The act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for any religion's deity or deities.
The act of claiming the attributes of a deity.
- That imam said that drawing the prophet Muhammad is a form of blasphemy .
* (irreverent language) cursing]], cussing, execration, imprecation, profanity, [[swear, swearing
* (unholy act) profanation, desecration, sacrilege, violation
* reverence, veneration, worship, adoration