Blasphemes vs Blasphemest - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between blasphemes and blasphemest
is that blasphemes
is while blasphemest
is (archaic) (blaspheme
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To commit blasphemy; to speak against God or religious doctrine.
* 1980 , :
- But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
To speak of, or address, with impious irreverence; to revile impiously (anything sacred).
- Mrs. Murphy: Don't you blaspheme in here!
* Dr. W. Beveridge
- So Dagon shall be magnified, and God, / Besides whom is no god, compared with idols, / Disglorified, blasphemed , and had in scorn.
To calumniate; to revile; to abuse.
- How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge thyself on all those who thus continually blaspheme thy great and all-glorious name?
* Alexander Pope
- You do blaspheme the good in mocking me.
- Those who from our labours heap their board, / Blaspheme their feeder and forget their lord.
* (things said against religion or a god) blasphemy