As nouns the difference between blackhole and wormhole
is that blackhole
is , especially in the attributive while wormhole
is a hole burrowed by a worm.
As a verb blackhole
is (internet) to redirect (network traffic, etc) nowhere; to discard incoming traffic.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(too many supposedly distinct senses)
, especially in the attributive.
(Internet) A place where traffic is silently discarded.
(programming) A bit bucket; a place of permanent oblivion for data.
(computing) DNSBL, used to block spamming IP addresses – are often called "blackhole lists"
(Internet) A blackhole server, a DNS server that handles reverse lookups of invalid IP ranges
(management) A resource sink.
- One way of fighting spam is to use a blackhole''' list maintained on a '''blackhole server.
(internet) To redirect (network traffic, etc.) nowhere; to discard incoming traffic.
* 2005 , Victor Oppleman, Oliver Friedrichs, Brett Watson, Extreme exploits: advanced defenses against hardcore hacks (page 186)
- Select a nonglobally routed prefix, such as the Test-Net (RFC 3330) 192.0.2.0/24, to use as the next hop of any attacked prefix to be blackholed .
* worme-hole (obsolete)
a hole burrowed by a worm
(relativity) A hypothetical shortcut between two points in spacetime, permitting faster-than-light travel and sometimes time travel.
- To fill with worme-holes stately monuments.
* (a spacetime construct) Einstein-Rosen bridge