Bipolar vs Emitter - What's the difference?
As an adjective bipolar
is involving or having both extremes or poles) at the same time.
As a noun emitter is
that which emits something.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Involving or having both extremes or poles) at the same time.
* 1992 , Paul Gilbert, Depression: The Evolution of Powerlessness ,
* 1997 , David A. Lake, Patrick M. Morgan, Regional Orders: Building Security in a New World ,
- (4) the unipolar-bipolar' distinction is important in regard to these personality variables; the trait of extraversion (associated as it is with positive affectivity) may mean that individual variation here leads to a more ' bipolar pattern; ...
* 2006 , Leandro Herrero, The Leader with Seven Faces: finding your own ways to practice leadership in today's organization ,
- Pakistan greatly resents this, but its efforts to adjust the complex have involved trying to make it more bipolar (via nuclear weapons), and not to move to another security order.
Relating to both polar regions
(physics) Relating to a bipole
Relating to or having bipolar disorder.
* 2005 , Barbara E. Bryden, Sundial: Theoretical Relationships Between Psychological Type, Talent, and Disease ,
- And today, the world has become more and more bipolar .
* 2005 , Robert H. Coombs (editor), Family Therapy Review: Preparing for Comprehensive and Licensing Examinations ,
- And in both visual artists and creative writers, there is a considerably higher risk of affective disorder, more unipolar (depression only) in artists, and more bipolar (mania and depression) in writers, and leading to higher rates of alcoholism and suicide, particularly in writers (Andreasen 1987; DeLong & Aldershof, 1988; Jamison, 1986, 1995).
* 2006 , Jon P. Bloch, Jeffrey A. Naser, The everything health guide to adult bipolar disorder
- Since many childhood depressions become more bipolar' in adult life, and because Jay's father was '''bipolar''', I added Depakote to "protect" him against this ' bipolar possibility.
- If a bipolar' person you work with is receiving successful treatment, you might not even know that she is ' bipolar .
That which emits something.
(electronics) The name for one terminal of a bipolar transistor (BJT).