A billy club.
A billy goat.
* 1970 August, Valerius Geist, Mountain Goat Mysteries'', '' ,
* 1992 , Dwight R. Schuh, Mountain Goat (Oreamnos americanus)'', in ''Bowhunter's Encyclopedia ,
- Then, during three days, I was amazed to see nannies with kids attack and chase off large billies .
* 2002 , Douglas H. Chadwick, A Beast the Color of Winter: The Mountain Goat Observed ,
- In fact, distinguishing between billies and nannies isn't necessarily a sure thing.
# A male goat; a ram.
(Geordie) A good friend.
(Australia, New Zealand) A tin used by bushmen to boil tea, a billypot.
(UK, Australia) A billycan.
- It isn't just billies that enter the bleak season with rut-depleted fat reserves, but rams, bull elk, buck deer, and others.
* 1889 , Ernest Giles, Australia Twice Traversed , 2004,
- Let's get the billy and cook some beans.
* 2011 , Rod Moss, The Hard Light of Day: An Artist's Story of Friendships in Arrernte Country ,
- We had been absent from civilisation, so long, that our tin billies', the only boiling utensils we had, got completely worn or burnt out at the bottoms, and as the boilings for glue and oil must still go on, what were we to do with ' billies with no bottoms?
(slang) A condom (From the E-Rotic song "Willy, Use a Billy...Boy")
A slubbing or roving machine.
* 1840 , The Citizen ,
- Over the fence, in a shallow gully 100 metres away, this guy and his wife were living on the dirt in the open weather with just a blanket, billies , a dog and a transistor radio. They didn't even have water.
* 1967 , Jennifer Tann, Gloucestershire Woollen Mills: Industrial Archaeology ,
- at the time there existed in Dublin and its immediate neighbourhood, “forty-five manufacturers, having twenty-two billies , giving employment to 2885 work people, on whom depended for support 7386 individuals, manufacturing 29,312 pieces of cloth, of various qualities, valued at £336,380.”
- On the second floor there were 2 billies , 1 carding and 1 scribbling machine.
* billycan, billy-can
* billy cart
* Silly Billy, silly billy
Sceilig: Information Pack for Troops (p. 4)
The Patrol goes to Camp (pp. 9, 11).