Woylie vs Bettong - What's the difference?
| see also
Woylie is a see also of bettong.
As nouns the difference between woylie and bettong
is that woylie
is (australia) a species of bettong, bettongia penicillata
is any marsupial of the genus bettongia, closely related to kangaroos.
(Australia) A species of bettong, Bettongia penicillata .
* 1996 , Rees Barrett, Peter Dent, Place, Patter and Process ,
* 2007 , , Issues 6559-6566,
- Woylies are sometimes referred to as brush-tailed rat kangaroos. This alternative name is an apt description of these small marsupials.
* 2009 , , Silent Country: Travels Through a Recovering Landscape'', Robyn Davidson (editor), ''The Best Australian Essays 2009 ,
- It's a whodunit involving the woylie , the marsupial poster-child for recovery programs involving endangered animals.
- ‘Like a woylie ,’ said John Dell, ‘Closely related.’
- Ah. Of course. Even I'd heard of the woylie . But like most of my countrymen, I couldn't have described one for love nor money.
- The woylie' belongs to the great treasury of marsupials that we revere and know nothing about. As I learnt that day, the boodie and the ' woylie are different species of bettong.
* brush-tailed bettong
Any marsupial of the genus Bettongia, closely related to kangaroos.
- ''Bettongs rather resemble rats, having short noses, short, rounded ears, long hind feet and a naked muzzle tip
* brush tailed bettong
* burrowing bettong
* northern bettong
* rufous bettong
* Tasmanian bettong