Lambast vs Berate - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between lambast and berate
is that lambast
) while berate
is to chide or scold vehemently.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To chide or scold vehemently.
* 1896 , , Seats Of The Mighty , ch. 13:
* 1914 , , The Gods of Mars , ch. 21:
- Gabord, still muttering, turned to us again, and began to berate the soldiers for their laziness.
* 1917 , , Jerry of the Islands , ch. 14:
- A thousand times I berated myself for being drawn into such a trap as I might have known these pits easily could be.
* 2008 , Alex Perry, "
- Lenerengo, as usual, forgot everything else in the fiercer pleasure of berating her spouse.
The Man Who Would Be (Congo's) King," Time , 27 Nov.:
* 2011 , Tom Fordyce, Rugby World Cup 2011: England 12-19 France [http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15210221.stm]
- During the rally, he berates the crowd for their cowardice.
- France were supposedly a team in pieces, beaten by Tonga just a week ago and with coach Marc Lievremont publicly berating his players, but so clear-cut was their victory that much of the atmosphere had been sucked from the contest long before the end.
* See also