Behove vs Behote - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between behove and behote
is that behove
is to suit; to befit while behote
To suit; to befit.
* 1803 , , Letter to Benjamin Rush April 21.
* 1936 , , More Poems ,
- It behoves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others; or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.
II., lines 11-12:
- No fire-faced prophet brought me word
* 2001 January 16, , in the House of Commons Hansard Debates for 16 Jan 2001 (pt 23),
- Which way behoved me go.
* 2003 November 3, , “Resistance is the first step towards Iraqi independence”,
- It behoves the Government to take note of that.
] [[wikipedia:The Guardian, The Guardian] ,
- Nor does it behove western commentators whose countries are occupying Iraq to lay down conditions for those opposing it.