Encompass vs Bego - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between encompass and bego
is that encompass
is to form a circle around; to encircle while bego
is (archaic) to go about; encompass; surround; beset, surround with hostile intent; to overrun.
As a noun bego is
that which besets, surrounds, compasses, or affects; situation; circumstance.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
To form a circle around; to encircle.
To include within its scope; to circumscribe or go round so as to surround; to enclose; to contain.
To include completely; to describe fully or comprehensively.
To go around, especially, to circumnavigate.
- This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
- Drake encompassed the globe.
(archaic) To go about; encompass; surround; beset, surround with hostile intent; to overrun.
*1485 , Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte Darthur , Book V:
*:Thy prysemen ar sore begone and put undir, for they ar oversette with Sarazens mo than fyve hondred.
*1892 , Albany Law Journal - Volumes 44-45 - Page 166:
*1902 , Carolyn Wells, Abeniki Caldwell: A Burlesque Historical Novel - Page 178 :
- False love, I bego', I ' bego . Ere something still worse come down.
*2013 , Ambrose Bierce, Delphi Complete Works of Ambrose Bierce :
- He bewent speedily, and as he vanished I heard him again calling, " Not she, not she ! Ha, ha ! "
(obsolete) To clothe, dress.
To affect, usually as a good or bad influence, or as a circumstance.
:He was woe begone .
- They bewent , asmirking, And I, awakening, fell straight aworking.
That which besets, surrounds, compasses, or affects; situation; circumstance.
*2011 , Loretto Gubernatis, Dimitrius and the Gladiolas :
- “As I was passing by a vineyard on the Earth where some of mankind were taking their lunch, I heard them complaining and grumbling about these things they called 'ants'. Oh the woes and begoes of mankind,” smiled the good lord.