Taxonomy vs Beforetime - What's the difference?
As a noun taxonomy
is the science or the technique used to make a classification.
As an adverb beforetime is
(archaic) formerly, previously.
The science or the technique used to make a classification.
A classification; especially , a classification in a hierarchical system.
(taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
* alpha taxonomy
* folk taxonomy
* scientific taxonomy
(archaic) Formerly, previously.
* 1526 , (William Tyndale), trans. Bible , Acts VIII:
* 1866 , (Algernon Swinburne), A Ballad of Burdens , lines 33-36
- There was a certayne man called Simon, which beforetyme in the same cite, used witchecrafte and bewithched the people, sayinge that he was a man that coulde do greate thinges.
- Thou shalt see
- Gold tarnished, and the grey above the green
- And as the thing thou seest thy face shall be
- And no more as the thing beforetime seen.