Bedim vs Bedid - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between bedim and bedid
is that bedim
is to make dim; to obscure or darken while bedid
To make dim; to obscure or darken.
* 1843 , '', book 4, chapter VII, ''Tha Gifted :
* 1905 , , Ann Wilson Hastings, Edward Hastings, The Expository times: Volume 16 :
- Read in thy New Testament and elsewhere, — if, with floods of mealymouthed inanity, with miserable froth-vortices of Cant now several centuries old, thy New Testament is not all bedimmed for thee.
* 1818 , , volume 3, chapter 7:
- There will be no folly, nor laughter, nor bedimming of truth [...]
- Often, when all was dry, the heavens cloudless, and I was parched by thirst, a slight cloud would bedim the sky, shed the few drops that revived me, and vanish.
(obsolete) To shut; make or put to.
(obsolete) To befoul; defile with ordure.
(obsolete) To adorn; ornament; garnish.