Luxurious vs Basic - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between luxurious and basic
is that luxurious
is enjoying pleasures of luxury while basic
Enjoying pleasures of luxury.
Being very fine and comfortable.
Necessary, essential for life or some process.
Elementary, simple, fundamental, merely functional.
- Flour is a basic ingredient of bread.
(chemistry) Of or pertaining to a base; having a pH greater than 7.
(slang) Vapid, boring, or uncool.
* 2011 , (Kreayshawn), "(Gucci Gucci)", (w, Somethin' 'Bout Kreay) :
- The Hotel Sparta’s accommodation is purely basic .
* 2013 , Sam Stryker, "
- Gucci Gucci, Louis Louis, Fendi Fendi, Prada / Them basic bitches wear that shit, so I don't even bother
Why Does Everyone Hate Anne Hathaway?", The Observer (University of Notre Dame and Saint Mary's College), Volume 46, Issue 101, 1 March 2013, page 11:
* 2014 , Trevor Thrall, "
- I'm not saying people are jealous of Hathaway because she is so perfect. Yes, she does have it all — husband, healthy career, good looks. But she doesn't do anything in an "awesome" way. She's basic .
Firing Line: Rowling says ‘JK,’ Ron and Hermione not meant to be", The Daily Campus (Southern Methodist University), Volume 99, Issue 54, 3 February 2014, page 4:
- And what can be said about Ginny? She’s basic . My guess is that she spends her time drinking pumpkin spice lattes and watching “Pretty Little Liars.” The Chosen One is way out of her quidditch league.
* See also
* (chemistry) alkaline
* (chemistry) acidic
A necessary commodity, a staple requirement.
An elementary building block, e.g. a fundamental piece of knowledge.
- Rice is a basic for many Asian villagers.
(military) Basic training.
- Arithmetic is a basic for the study of mathematics.