Context vs Barkingdogsseldombite - What's the difference?
The surroundings, circumstances, environment, background or settings that determine, specify, or clarify the meaning of an event or other occurrence.
- In what context did your attack on him happen? - We had a pretty tense relationship at the time, and when he insulted me I snapped.
, date=September 7
, author=Phil McNulty
, title=Moldova 0-5 England
, work=BBC Sport
, passage=The display and result must be placed in the context
that was it was against a side that looked every bit their Fifa world ranking of 141 - but England completed the job with efficiency to record their biggest away win in 19 years.}}
(senseid) (linguistics) The text in which a word or passage appears and which helps ascertain its meaning.
(archaeology) The surroundings and environment in which an artifact is found and which may provide important clues about the artifact's function and/or cultural meaning.
(mycology) The trama or flesh of a mushroom.
* in context, compare in isolation
* keyword in context, KWIC
* keyword out of context, KWOC
* out of context
* take out of context
(obsolete) To knit or bind together; to unite closely.
* R. Junius
- The whole world's frame, which is contexted only by commerce and contracts.
(obsolete) Knit or woven together; close; firm.
- The coats, without, are context and callous.
Not English Barkingdogsseldombite has no English definition. It may be misspelled.