As a verb boggle
is to be bewildered, dumbfounded, or confused.
As a noun baffles is
To be bewildered, dumbfounded, or confused.
- He boggled at the surprising news.
- The mind boggles .
- Boggling at nothing which serveth their purpose.
To confuse or mystify; overwhelm.
- We start and boggle at every unusual appearance.
- The vastness of space really boggles the mind.
(US, dialect) To embarrass with difficulties; to bungle or botch.
(obsolete) To play fast and loose; to dissemble.
- The oddities of quantum mechanics can boggle the minds of students and experienced physicists alike.