Wheels vs Axle - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between wheels and axle
is that wheels
is while axle
is (obsolete) shoulder or axle
can be the pin or spindle on which a wheel revolves, or which revolves with a wheel.
As a verb wheels
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(by meronymy) An automobile or other vehicle
:* Like my new wheels ?
:* rolling 18 wheels
(bodybuilding, slang) Well-developed thigh muscles.
* 1999 March 22, “OB205”, "Re: Freakiest Bodybuilder?", misc.fitness.weights, Usenet
- Martin: Just for legs, Tom Platz in his heyday has never been approached.
* 2004 December 28, Mark Jenkins and Jeff O’Connell, The Jump Off: 60 Days to a Hip-Hop Hard Body , page 76, HarperCollins
- OB205: I totally agree with this, even to this day no one can beat those WHEELS !
* 2006 April 30, Jim Stoppani, Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength , page 131, Human Kinetics Publishers
- But Mary J. goes all-out during big leg day, and look at her wheels —toned but very feminine.
- ... try this big wheels program to pack on muscle to your quads and hams.
From (etyl) axle, eaxle, from (etyl) ,
A combination of (etyl) eax and (etyl) .
The pin or spindle on which a wheel revolves, or which revolves with a wheel.
A transverse bar or shaft connecting the opposite wheels of a car or carriage; an axletree.
An axis; as, the Sun’s axle.