Taxonomy vs Autodefenestration - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between taxonomy and autodefenestration
is that taxonomy
is the science or the technique used to make a classification while autodefenestration
is (rare|nonce) the act of hurling oneself from a window.
The science or the technique used to make a classification.
A classification; especially , a classification in a hierarchical system.
(taxonomy, uncountable) The science of finding, describing, classifying and naming organisms.
* alpha taxonomy
* folk taxonomy
* scientific taxonomy
(rare, nonce) The act of hurling oneself from a window.
* 1986 , Rich Relations'' (in ''New York Magazine , volume 19, number 18)
* 2002 , Ian Lauchlan, Russian hide-and-seek: the tsarist secret police in St. Petersburg, 1906-1914?
- She climbs out on a window ledge and threatens autodefenestration if the marriage isn't contracted, and is soon joined on the ledge by Jill.
* 1995 , Denis Ashton Warner, Wake me if there's trouble
- Ipana, a leading practitioner of feline-autodefenestration , also helped, I think.
- ...Lindesay had the misfortune to fall out of a window, which elicited from the Times a memorable cable, which said simply: 'Cease autodefenestration .'