As nouns the difference between layer and autoconvection
is that layer
is a single thickness of some material covering a surface while autoconvection
is spontaneous convection in a fluid layer.
As a verb layer
is (ambitransitive) to cut or divide (something) into layers.
A single thickness of some material covering a surface.
- Wrap the loaf in two layers of aluminum foil before putting it in the oven.
# An item of clothing worn under or over another.
- After the first coat of paint dried, he applied another layer .
A (usually) horizontal deposit; a stratum.
- It's cold now but it will warm up this afternoon. Make sure you wear layers .
A person who lays things, such as tiles.
A mature female bird, insect, etc. that is able to lay eggs.
- I find seven-layer cake a bit too rich.
A hen kept to lay eggs.
A shoot of a plant, laid underground for growth.
- When dealing with an infestation of headlice, the first step is to eliminate the layers .
* (stratum) stratum
* boundary layer
* ozone layer
(ambitransitive) to cut or divide (something) into layers
(ambitransitive) to arrange (something) in layers.
- Layer the ribbons on top of one another to make an attractive pattern.
spontaneous convection in a fluid layer