As adjectives the difference between subsequent and attendant
is that subsequent
is subsequent while attendant
is going with; associated; concomitant.
As a noun attendant is
one who attends; one who works with or watches something.
Following in time; coming or being after something else at any time, indefinitely.
Following in order of place; succeeding.
- Growth was dampened by a softening of the global economy in 2001, but picked up in the subsequent years due to strong growth in China.
* attendaunt (obsolete)
One who attends; one who works with or watches something.
- Give your keys to the parking attendants and they will park your car for you.
Going with; associated; concomitant.
* Sir Walter Scott
- They promoted him to supervisor, with all the attendant responsibilities and privileges.
(legal) Depending on, or owing duty or service to.
- The natural melancholy attendant upon his situation added to the gloom of the owner of the mansion.
- the widow attendant to the heir
* part and parcel