As a verb assigning
As a noun assignment is
the act of assigning; the allocation of a job or a set of tasks.
The act of assigning; the allocation of a job or a set of tasks.
The categorization of something as belonging to a specific category.
- This flow chart represents the assignment of tasks in our committee.
An assigned task.
- We should not condone the assignment of asylum seekers to that of people smugglers.
A position to which someone is assigned.
- The assignment the department gave him proved to be quite challenging.
(education) A task given to students, such as homework or coursework.
- Unbeknownst to Mr Smith, his new assignment was in fact a demotion.
(legal) A transfer of something from one person to another, especially property, or a claim or right.
- Mrs Smith gave out our assignments , and said we had to finish them by Monday.
(legal) A document that effects this transfer.
- The assignment of the lease has not been finalised yet.
(computing) An operation that assigns a value to a variable.
- Once you receive the assignment in the post, be sure to sign it and send it back as soon as possible.