As nouns the difference between silica and asbestos
is that silica
is silica while asbestos
is any of several fibrous mineral forms of magnesium silicate, used for fireproofing, electrical insulation, building materials, brake linings, and chemical filters.
Any of the silica group of the silicate minerals.
* 1993 , Historic American Building Survey, Town of Clayburg: Refractories Company Town , National Park Service, 2:
- Its Blair County property was sited at the foot of ganister-covered Dunnings Mountain to compete with the Mount Union plants making silica bricks for the steel industry.
* when used as an anti-caking agent
* silica gel
* silica glass
* silica wool
Any of several fibrous mineral forms of magnesium silicate, used for fireproofing, electrical insulation, building materials, brake linings, and chemical filters.
- All types of asbestos are potentially carcinogenic when inhaled.
- Asbestos insulation was once ubiquitous.