The part of the body (of humans and quadrupeds) at each side of the backbone, between the ribs and hips
Any of several cuts of meat taken from this part of an animal
The plural loins is used for a wider body region, or specifically as a euphemism for the pubic region
* fruit of one's loins
* gird up one's loins
* short loin
* slack loin
* tenderloin steak
* top loin
* ass (US)
The buttocks or more specifically, the anus.
*:& thenne he rode after the bore / & thenne syre la?celot was ware where the bore set his ars to a tree by an hermytage / Thenne sir launcelot ranne atte bore with his spere / & ther with the bore torned hym nemly
*2011 , James Smart, The Guardian , 12 March:
*:As the novel progresses, he is shot in the hand with his own gun, shot in the arse with someone else's and lacerated by a prosthetic weed trimmer.
A stupid, mean or despicable person.
*2007 , Martin Harrison, The Judgement of Paris ,
*:“You're an arse',” Ellen said. ¶ “Please? You must like something about me …?” ¶ “I do. You're an '''arse'''. I just told you that. I feel comfy with you, because you're such an ' arse .”
*2007 , L. A. Wilson, The Silurian: Book One: The Fox and the Bear ,
*:He looked at me, was just about to call me an arse', when I told him, “You throw it too hard. Try and think of the javelin hitting the target before you throw it. Let it all go through your mind first, see it, feel it, then throw it.” ¶ “Good advice, you ' arse ,” he said and tried again.
*2011 , Joe Abercrombie, The Heroes ,
*:Felnigg. What a suppurating arse'. Look at him. ' Arse .
(terms derived from arse)
* do not know their arse from their elbow
* arse bandit
* duck's arse
* hang an arse (obsolete)
* kick arse
* kiss my arse
* smart arse
(slang) To be silly, act stupid or mess around.
* 1985 , Sam McAughtry, McAughtry's War ,
- Stop arsing around!
* 2005 , ,
- He was university material, just arsing' about as a rigger, ' arsing about, killing time with bohunks like me.
* 2011 , Jaine Fenn, Bringer of Light ,
- Pi, upset, roars, "Quit arsing around there and get cracking," and a dozen heads turn their way.
(slang) To make, to bother.
- He was half-expecting a call from the lingua, telling him to stop arsing' around, but his com stayed silent, so it looked like a certain amount of ' arsing around was allowed.
- I can't be arsed to write that essay for tomorrow.
* 2008', Lynn Broadbent, Infinite Ideas Staff, ''
- I couldn't be arsed to write that essay for tomorrow.
Be '''Arsed : 365 Brilliant Ideas for Getting Off Your Backside and Living Life to the Full .
* 2008 , Guy Cullen, Loose Ends ,
* 2011 , Ray Banks. Beast of Burden ,
- You can keep all the macho bollocks that goes with the job. I can't be arsed who thinks what of me to be perfectly honest and I have no time for those that are.
- but here's the way you're supposed to run it: make out like it'll be a long, drawn out process, that you can't be arsed' and that they ''shouldn?t'' be ' arsed because it'll probably end up doing fuck all except getting a copper pissed off at them.
* arse about
* arse around