Barms vs Arms - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between barms and arms
is that barms
is while arms
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
- We laid down on the snowbank and moved our arms up and down to make snow angels.
13th Century, from (etyl) armes, (etyl) arma .
* 1883 ,
(heraldry) Synonym for coat of arms.
- The next thing I laid hold of was a brace of pistols, and as I already had a powder horn and bullets, I felt myself well supplied with arms .
- The Duke's arms were a sable gryphon rampant on an argent field.
* Capitalized, the word is often used in the names of pubs, taverns and the like.
- If the Duke arms himself for war, the king will not sit by idly!