Imprecise but close to in quantity or amount.
- In every box of matches there are approximately 40 matchsticks.
- Per 100g of chocolate there are approximately 11.6g of saturated fat.
- ...approximately 60 beats per minute.
* around, near, nearly, almost, about, loosely, roughly, close to
* accurately, definitely, exactly, precisely
(not comparable) Single; sole; singular; not having a mate.
(obsolete) Singular in excellence; unique; sole; matchless; peerless; famous.
Singular in looks or character; peculiar; eccentric.
, title=(The Celebrity
, passage=We made an odd
party before the arrival of the Ten, particularly when the Celebrity dropped in for lunch or dinner. He could not be induced to remain permanently at Mohair because Miss Trevor was at Asquith, but he appropriated a Hempstead cart from the Mohair stables and made the trip sometimes twice in a day.}}
(not comparable) Occasional; infrequent.
* (Sir Walter Scott), Guy Mannering – or The Astrologer
(not comparable) Left over, remaining when the rest have been grouped.
- I assure you, if I were Hazlewood I should look on his compliments, his bowings, his cloakings, his shawlings, and his handings with some little suspicion; and truly I think Hazlewood does so too at some odd times.
(not comparable) Casual, irregular, not planned.
(not comparable, in combination with a number, not comparable) About, approximately.
(not comparable) Not divisible by two; not even.
* (not having a mate) single, mismatched
* (strange) bizarre, peculiar, queer, rum, strange, unusual, weird, fremd
* (about) about, approximately, around
* See also
* (not divisible by two) even
* odd duck
* odd one out