Spicy vs Appealing - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Spicy is a related term of appealing.
As adjectives the difference between spicy and appealing
is that spicy
is of, pertaining to, or containing spice while appealing
is having appeal; attractive.
As a verb appealing is
As a noun appealing is
the act of making an appeal.
Of, pertaining to, or containing spice.
(of flavors) Provoking a burning sensation due to the presence of chillies or similar hot spices.
- He prepared a spicy casserole.
(of flavors or odors) Tangy, zesty, or pungent.
- ''This curry is too spicy for me. I can't eat it.
(of expression or behavior) Vigorous; colorful; stimulating.
- She breathed in the strong, spicy aroma.
, sexy, racy; mildly pornographic.
- He is known for his spicy political commentary.
- I don't want my children to see the spicy images on this web site.
* (piquant) hot
spicy" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary (Cambridge University Press, 2007)
* Oxford English Dictionary , second edition (1989)
* Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary (1987-1996)
Having appeal; attractive.
, author=Michael Riordan
, title=Tackling Infinity
, volume=100, issue=1, page=86
, passage=Some of the most beautiful and thus appealing
physical theories, including quantum electrodynamics and quantum gravity, have been dogged for decades by infinities that erupt when theorists try to prod their calculations into new domains. Getting rid of these nagging infinities has probably occupied far more effort than was spent in originating the theories.}}
, date=September 7
, author=Dominic Fifield
, title=England start World Cup campaign with five-goal romp against Moldova
, work=The Guardian
, passage=Those were all landmark moments to cherish. Just as appealing
was the manner in which Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Milner cut swathes down either flank, albeit through flustered full-backs who had looked poorly positioned and horribly jittery from the start. }}
The act of making an appeal.
* 1866 , Heros von Borcke, Memoirs of the Confederate War for independence
- The fair creature abandoned her position, and in the midst of her bitter tears and pathetic appealings , which my sense of duty alone enabled me to resist, I bore my prisoner off.