Audience vs Api - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between audience and api
is that audience
is audience while api
* 1526 , William Tyndale, trans. Bible , Luke VII:
A group of people within hearing; specifically a group of people listening to a performance, speech etc.; the crowd seeing a stage performance.
* , chapter=3
- When he had ended all his sayinges in the audience of the people, he entred into Capernaum.
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=One saint's day in mid-term a certain newly appointed suffragan-bishop came to the school chapel, and there preached on “The Inner Life.” He at once secured attention by his informal method, and when presently the coughing of Jarvis […] interrupted the sermon, he altogether captivated his audience
with a remark about cough lozenges being cheap and easily procurable.}}
A formal meeting with a state or religious dignitary.
- We joined the audience just as the lights went down.
The readership of a book or other written publication.
* In some dialects, audience is used as a plurale tantum.
*: The audience are getting restless.
* (group of people seeing a performance) spectators, crowd
* intended audience
* target audience
(computing) Application programming interface.
(pharmacology) Active pharmaceutical ingredient.
* (Application programming interface)