Aol vs Aoler - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between aol and aoler
is that aol
is lime (inorganic material containing calcium
) while aoler
is (internet|informal) an internet user whose isp is aol.
As a verb aol
is to lime, whitewash.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(Internet, informal) An Internet user whose ISP is AOL.
* 1997 , Wendy Grossman, Net.wars
* 2001 , Debra Littlejohn Shinder, Martin Grasdal, Configuring ISA Server 2000
- AOLers would post hello messages, old-timers would follow up with vituperative diatribes about reading the FAQ without telling them how to get it...
(informal) An employee of AOL.
* 2003 , Alec Klein, Stealing Time: Steve Case, Jerry Levin, and the Collapse of AOL Time Warner
- Your external connection is already maxed out, and one thing you don't need is AOLers jamming up what bandwidth you have left.
* 2005 , Alexandra Reed Lajoux, The Art of M&A Integration
- The almighty stock option became a fetish object, a love thing, a glimpse into a not-so-distance future for AOLers where freedom reigned...
- Time Warner employees considered their AOL counterparts to be too pushy and aggressive, while AOLers considered Time Warner staffers to be coddled...