Nowhere vs Anyways - What's the difference?
As adverbs the difference between nowhere and anyways
is that nowhere
is in no place while anyways
is (rare) in any way.
As a noun nowhere
is no particular place, noplace.
In no place.
To no place.
- Nowhere did the rules say anything about popcorn.
- We sat in traffic, going nowhere .
* nowhere dense
* nowhere dense set
No particular place, noplace.
- They went on a cruise to nowhere .
* all dressed up and nowhere to go
* middle of nowhere
(rare) In any way.
(conjunctive, informal, chiefly, North America) Anyway, anyhow, in any case.
* 1865 , (Charles Dickens), (Our Mutual Friend) , Chapman and Hall, accessible through Google Books
*:"Anyways ," said the damsel, "I am glad punishment, and I say so."
- it behoves themto remove all objects, causes, companies, occasions, as may anyways molest him […].