Enlighten vs Animate - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Enlighten is a related term of animate.
As verbs the difference between enlighten and animate
is that enlighten
is to supply with light; to illuminate; as, the sun enlightens the earth while animate
To supply with light; to illuminate; as, the sun enlightens the earth.
To make clear to the intellect or conscience; to shed the light of truth and knowledge upon; to furnish with increase of knowledge; to instruct; as, to enlighten the mind or understanding.
That which lives.
Possessing the quality or ability of motion.
(grammar, of a noun or pronoun) Having a referent that includes a human or animal.
- She is an engaging and animate speaker.
(grammar) Inflected to agree with an animate noun or pronoun.
- Nouns can be singular or plural, and one of two genders, animate or inanimate.
* (that lives) alive, live, living
* (possessing the quality or ability of motion)
* (dynamic) active, dynamic, energetic
* (living) inanimate
* (possessing the quality or ability of motion) fixed, immobile, static, stationary, still
* (dynamic) static
* (sense) inanimate
To impart motion or the appearance of motion to.
To give spirit or vigour to; to stimulate or enliven; to inspirit.
- If we animate the model, we can see the complexity of the action.
- The more to animate the people, he stood on high and cried unto them with a loud voice.