Angst vs Anguishgoogle - What's the difference?
Emotional turmoil; painful sadness.
* 1979 , Peter Hammill, Mirror images
* 2007 , Martyn Bone, Perspectives on Barry Hannah (page 3)
- I've begun to regret that we'd ever met / Between the dimensions. / It gets such a strain to pretend that the change / Is anything but cheap. / With your infant pique and your angst pretensions / Sometimes you act like such a creep.
A feeling of acute but vague anxiety or apprehension often accompanied by depression, especially philosophical anxiety.
- Harry's adolescence is theatrical and gaudy, and many of its key scenes have a lurid and camp quality that is appropriate to the exaggerated mood-shifting and self-dramatizing of teen angst .
* angst bunny, angstbunny
(informal) To suffer angst; to fret.
* 2001 , Joseph P Natoli, Postmodern Journeys: Film and Culture, 1996-1998
* 2006 , Liz Ireland, Three Bedrooms in Chelsea
- In the second scene, the camera switches to the father listening, angsting , dying inside, but saying nothing.
- She'd never angsted so much about her head as she had in the past twenty-four hours. Why the hell hadn't she just left it alone?
Not English Anguishgoogle has no English definition. It may be misspelled.