As nouns the difference between anchorite and laura
is that anchorite
is one who lives in isolation or seclusion, especially for religious reasons while laura
is (historical|roman catholic church) a number of hermitages or cells in the same neighborhood occupied by anchorites who were under the same superior.
One who lives in isolation or seclusion, especially for religious reasons.
* , chapter=16
The Mirror and the Lamp
, passage=The preposterous altruism too!
* 1950 , (Will Durant), The Age of Faith , Simon and Schuster, page 792.
- About 1150 some Palestinian anchorites adopted the eremitical rule of St. Basil, and spread throughout Palestine; when the Moslems captured the Holy Land these "Carmelites" migrated to Cyprus, Sicily, France, and England.
*anchoress (feminine gender)
page in Portuguese Wikipedia
A definition in Spanish
* Lora (rare)
(en proper noun
* ~1591 William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet : Act II, Scene IV:
* 1960 Peter S. Beagle: A Fine And Private Place . Random House Publishing, 1982:The Fantasy Worlds of Peter Beagle. ISBN 0345300815 page 258:
- Now is he for the numbers that Petrarch flowed in; Laura to his lady was but a kitchen-wench; marry, she had a better love to be-rime her;
- Laura was saying something. A mellifluous name, he thought. I wish she were far away, so I could call her.
* Also used as a feminine equivalent of Laurence.
* Laurel, Lauren, Laurie, Loretta, Lori, Lorraine, Lauretta